Thursday, February 28, 2008

A First Step

Today after reading an e-mail from a friend and forwarding that same e-mail to another friend, I sat down to begin executing a plan. I have long dreamed of being actively involved in changing our society. I realize now that I may have waited to long. Maybe that is an overstatement as to how effective I will be at making a difference. Waiting to long then would be an indicator that what I should have done would have already produced results. At this point it does not matter. I can no longer sit by and do nothing. There are things that are wrong with our society. I think the quote that someone sent me sums up exactly what I am feeling today.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have." -Thomas Jefferson


Is this what we have today? Do we not here from the politicians that our government will take care of everything. From the cradle to the grave there are statisticians that are molding what will be our future. Like helpless cattle we are herded down a path that we have lost control of.

Sounds like gloom and doom to me, right? Well I guess it is. This is what really motivated me to take action. All it takes is a small pebble in the water to create a ripple that is felt on the other side of the pond. The job is impossible to accomplish at once, but this after all is only, a first step.

No comments: