Thursday, May 8, 2008

Smoking Mirrors

It has been a while since my last post. It's the whole life thing in effect. Not enough hours in the day, and that sort of thing. I have been watching the status of the democratic nomination process.
All I can say is what a mess. Sometimes I think the election process is one big diversion. I realized that after listening to the latest news on the candidates. You really can get lost in all of the hub bub and nonsense. I think most of us at this point have made up our minds on who we are going to vote for. There are so many other important things going on that need our attention. First off, where did we get the money to put together the stimulus package? Did we print more money, borrow it from next year, or borrow it from another country? What is the status of the national fence at our southern border? What is going on in our own states and cities? Where are they going to get the money to bail out their respective communities? We need to be involved, but pay attention to what is going on. I have had to step back and do this myself.
We fool ourselves into believing that we are doing our civic duty by punching that ticket in the booth. It is not hard to do either the way our lives are day to day. So do your research, make your decision, and then put your thinking cap back on............

No comments: